Since 2015, I have annually offered a free, year-long Bible Art Journaling Challenge series, here on my blog. Deeper Still is a 12-part monthly Bible Art Journaling Challenge series, created throughout 2017. In this free devotional series with creative tutorial, we’ll adventure into the depths of God!
Sign up to learn more and get started!
The greatest benefit of signing up is not missing out on this beautiful journey with myself and our supportive growing community, as it unfolds! There are always new people starting and today is a great day to dive right in!
This Deeper Still series is a real adventure into the beautiful depths of God and I am excited to go on this journey with you!
How the Bible Art Journaling Challenges work…
The free Deeper Still lessons each have a video, containing devotional material and optional creative instruction.
I will take you through creating on the pages of my Bible as a devotional process and then challenge you to join me in also creating with the devotional for each lesson! Each blog post containing my video, always has additional devotional material and a full supplies list. There are even free downloads in some cases. Enjoy it ALL, to get the most out of this experience.
To participate in Deeper Still…
1. Sign up
Sign up today and you’ll immediately get your welcome email. Then, you’ll get the latest lesson right to your email inbox on the 2nd Friday of each month, throughout 2017!
Your info is safe with me, I only believe in sending fun emails and you can unsubscribe any time you like. 🙂
2. Get your supplies
You do not have to buy anything to participate. If you’d like to follow along with me, you may already have everything you need! If not, you’ll probably want a Journaling Bible, (or art journal) to create in, along with a few fun supplies!
View the Deeper Still supply list and my Complete Guide to Choosing A Journaling Bible.
3. Enjoy each lesson
Shortly after signing up, you will receive your welcome right to your email inbox. Then, you’ll get the latest lesson right to your email inbox on the 2nd Friday of each month, throughout 2017!
Each lesson has a video devotional with creative tutorial, plus a blog post full of more great stuff and links to everything I use.
4. Create in the Word
Once you’ve enjoyed each lesson, it’s time to take the challenge to get in the Word for yourself!Simply create on your own Bible page, or art journal, using the devotionals.
You do not have to use the art supplies or techniques I share. Please do use the scripture and devotional for whichever challenge you respond to, if you plan share your creativity with our community.
5. Connect with our community
Once you’re done creating, come share in our lovely Bible Art Journaling Challenge community on Facebook! Everyone is SUPER supportive, inspiring and encouraging. There is nothing quite like sharing this life-changing journey with others. I’ll be here every step of the way too.
We process requests most Thursdays. Request to join here if you haven’t already: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1562136987363764/
Expand to view our Facebook community guidelines
If you join our Facebook community, here are our few important guidelines every member must follow…
- When sharing a photo, PLEASE write in the text description which challenge you’re participating in, to help us not mistake it as an unrelated post. Perhaps label it… “HIC Lesson __” before sharing your thoughts. Thank you!
- Please only post artwork photos which relate to the Bible Art Journaling Challenge. All unrelated posts are sadly deleted. The groups were created as a community for participants and I appreciate you helping us remain relevant. If you see unrelated posts in the Facebook group, you can help by selecting the ‘v’ in the top right of that post and choosing to “Report To Admin”, so I can be notified.
- No sharing links or videos in posts or comments. No exception.
- Feel free to talk about supplies and techniques. It’s good to help each other out! Just remember, no links.
- Last but importantly, I have a policy in my social media groups, where no one is allowed to put their creativity down. What you create is personal, meaningful and beautiful. It is not measured by another persons standards and you are safe to grow and be loved. If you aren’t yet creating to a standard you dream of, let it spur you on, rather than bog you down in unfair expectations. Try looking for the beauty in what you’re not entirely satisfied with and let time and practice improve your skill. In this space, nobody is allowed to say they are not an artist. After all, we are created in the image of the greatest Artist of all time. We are bound to have some creativity waiting to be unleashed in us all. 🙂
*Anyone persistently not adhering to these guidelines are sadly removed from the group without notice. I appreciate your support to help us continue to thrive as a community.
*My moderators and I occasionally share links inside the group, to support your journey.
6. Spread the word
Want to share with others and help spread the word beyond our community? That would be great!
- Share on social media with these hashtags: #BibleArtJounalingChallenge #RebekahRJones
- If you write blog posts or create videos, please share a link to this page so others can join us!
Please contact me to ask first, if you’d like to use my images or content on your blog or website.
A short note…
You can respond to as few or as many of the individual challenges. It’s better you join in sometimes than not at all. 🙂 There is no pace to keep up with, or required reading. This is about creatively enriching, not replacing, our individual God time.
While it can be SUPER thrilling (understandably), to binge watch countless hours of free Bible Art Journaling Challenges, this has been known to overwhelm some people, which could lead to you stalling that all important, “getting started moment”. By all means, feel free to rapidly watch and read everything I’ve got freely here for you. BUT, please do consider how important it is to get your Bible (or art journal) open and start participating with me.
To help you come along with me, I’ve set up a way for you to register with your email and go on a journey with me. When you register today, you’ll immediately receive your welcome right to your email inbox. Then, you’ll get the latest lesson right to your email inbox on the 2nd Friday of each month, throughout 2017! Perfect timing to sustainably participate as we go along together.
Deeper Still Lesson Archive
If you’ve decided to participate in the Deeper Still, Bible Art Journaling Challenge series, you can reference the archive below (as it appears) at any time. I would encourage you to sign up (above) to go on the journey in a sustainable way.
I pray this Deeper Still series will help you dive into God as we explore and discover His beautiful depths on this adventure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Deeper Still
Why and how do you offer this free?
The Bible Art Journaling Challenge series’ are all free on my blog and will always remain free. Consider them a gift from me to you, for your devotional time with God. Each lesson takes an average of 16 hours to create before publishing and supporting it. I am a full time artist and this blog is how I both help support my family and invest back into this art ministry. I only ever recommend what I love and no companies pay me to promote their product lines. You may see my full disclosure. There is no obligation to purchase through my links. However, I am grateful for any support which helps me afford the time to offer these devotional series entirely free.
What if I fall behind, or need to stop?
You’re never behind and there is no requirement to “do” every challenge that comes your way. I’d rather you joined me sometimes, than feel “behind” and stop. Just do what excites you and gets you into the Word!
If you need your series emails to pause, look at the bottom of one and select to stop the series, (NOT unsubscribe). Then, when you’re ready to start again, sign up on this page again, using the same email. You should then start receiving emails, right where you stopped before.
If you’re still not sure what this Bible journaling thing is all about, have a browse around my blog and take a look at my Bible Art Journaling Challenge page to learn more.